German Language Course Visa Support
Before applying for a German language course visa for Germany, you will need written confirmation of registration for a language course. This course must be made up of at least 20 lesson hours of 45 minutes per week.
We want you to come and learn with us! Therefore, DAS Akademie provides you with visa support so that you can make it to Germany. After you have registered for an Intensive German Course in Berlin at DAS Akademie and have paid the course fee in full, we will send you an official confirmation of this. You will then need to forward the confirmation in its original form to the country’s responsible authority.
Below is a brief summary of the German language course visa application process, which is part of our visa support service.
Application for a visa for learning the German language
Please visit the Federal Foreign Office website for more information about visa support and the entry into the Federal Republic of Germany. You can also contact the German Embassy in your region.
The following basic requirements apply for the issuing of German language course visas:
- Proof of financial security during your stay in the Federal Republic of Germany
- No public funds may be used during the visit
- A valid passport with at least 2 empty visa pages and which is no more than 10 years old
- Confirmed registration or certificate of enrollment in the language course
- Health insurance
- Proof of accommodation
- 2 recently taken portrait photographs (see guidelines below)
- 3 photocopies of the passport ID pages
- A motivational letter about why you are attending a language course
- An official letter of leave from the employer (signed and stamped), for employees
- Proof of a paid visa fee (60€)
- Any previous Schengen visas (if applicable)
If you cannot finance your journey and stay alone, it is possible for a host who is offically a resident in the Federal Republic of Germany to take on responsibility for all resulting costs. The Department of Immigration is responsible for this procedure.
If you wish to apply for a German Language Course visa, remember to always double check with the German Embassy in your country that you have the right documents.
If you have further questions about applying for a German language visa, please contact us at any time.